Saturday 14 November 2009

How to deal with conflict in your relationship

My partner and I meet and married in my country. It was in our firth year of marriage when our arguments got out of hand. It did not matter who started the argument and what is was about. I tell you we used to ague until there was nothing to say but call each other names.

The only difference was, it was my first marriage while I was his third wife. During this augments we did not care whether the children were there or no, we will just carry on and on. We will even bring stuff from the past.

Some of the things said were, who do you think you are? You are not wealth it... you are nobody!

I put the blame in both of us; we did not know how to deal with our problems without hurting each other or even our children for that matter.

For a relationship to start between two people there should be something to make them attracted to one another. And it is that one thing and the more it develops that makes the relationship good and enjoyable.

Ask yourself what made your partner appear attractive to you... was it the way they looked? What inside, the kind of person they are? What they know and what they don’t know... In other words are you in the same level of education or do you find them ignorant or too educated for you?

That and the rest of other small things will add up to make the ingredients of qualities and characteristics of the other individual you fell for.

There comes a time in relationships when arguments will happen and this goes for a close relationship as well. It is not easy to stop conflict in a relationship it is how you deal with them!

The important thing is; How do you deal with conflict in your relationship?

From my experience most of the painful things said in an argument can be avoided as they will only bring nothing but distraction in marriage. I wish I knew then what I have learned and know now.


1 comment:

  1. Hey guys leave your comments, tell me about your experience. How do deal or dealt with conflicts in your relationship.

    Did you learn the skill of dealing with conflicts before they destroyed your relationship or even marriage?

    ReplyDelete

 
http://allaboutrelationshipsconflict.blogspot.com/_sx_akz7wUWU/SwOGmbfxceI/AAAAAAAAAMk/JusgXpNhmJ8/s1600/greetbox.bmp